Tea tree oil refers to the oil extracted from tea tree leaves or from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant. This plant can be found in Australia. Through the process of steam distillation using its leaves, this type of essential oil is produced.
The Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is among the many essential oils with many essential benefits.
- Skin Maintenance and Treatment- There are many skin problems that can be treated by the tea tree oil such as burns, pimples, spots, acne, warts, insect bites, rashes, itching, boils, etc. This is owing to the oil’s antimicrobial properties. This oil can also relieve your skin from dryness, keeping it healthy and free from skin infections.
- Promotes Hair Growth- This oil from tea tree also has the nourishing abilities for your hair, especially the roots, thereby promoting hair growth.
- Treats Hair Problems- Hair problems such as dry scalp, hair fall, dandruff and head lice can be annoying. The tea tree oil has moisturizing properties that prevents scalp dryness. This is also a natural oil so it greatly reduces hair fall unlike other chemical shampoos. You can also make use of this oil to rid your hair from lice successfully.
- Cures Respiratory Problems- This oil is not only beneficial for the skin but also for respiratory health. Its antibacterial and antiviral properties are capable of treating respiratory infections such as colds, cough, bronchitis, asthma, etc.
- Other Infections- There are also other infections that can be cured with the use of the oils from the tea tree leaves. These are yeast infection, ear infections and the nail fungus infection. The oil from tea tree can fight the fungus and other microbes responsible for these infections.
- Repels Mosquitos and Other Bugs- It is not only your health and skin that can benefit from tea tree oil but also your surroundings. Other products containing this oil can repel mosquitoes and other bugs and keep them all away from you. Mosquito bites can cause diseases like malaria and bugs like fleas and flies can be carriers of virus and bacteria. But applying the oil onto your skin can help keep them away and make your surroundings pest-free.
- Cleans your Surroundings- Aside from the health benefits of this oil, you can also use it to clean things inside your home such as your laundry, floors, mats, etc. This oil can make it easy for you to remove stains from these areas, contributing to a cleaner and fresher surrounding.
However, if you want to take advantage of the many benefits of the tea tree oil, make sure you are buying organic tea tree oil. The best tea tree oil product out there is always the pure tea tree oil or 100% tea tree oil. This is because you can be assured that no harmful chemicals are added onto it but only pure natural ingredients. You are also assured that the product will be more concentrated so it will be 100 times effective. You may purchase tea tree oil at http://bioteatree.com.